By Margaret Pahos
Big juicy prawns in a sweet and warming tomato sauce with chunks of salty melted feta. Do I have your attention yet? Well, this is exactly what my Prawn Saganaki with Chilli and Thyme tastes like and I know you will be licking your fingers and wanting more.
Enjoy! - By Margaret from Create Cook Share.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
600g raw green jumbo prawns, peeled with tails in tact (up too 800g for a larger serving)
400g can diced organic tomatoes
200g feta cheese, crumbled
200ml dry white wine - Moschofilero by Skouras
3 tablespoons Ladi Biosas extra virgin olive oil
2 medium brown onions, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
8 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed
½ - 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
½ teaspoon real Greek mountain oregano
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
Natural fine sea salt
1. Heat the oil in a large dish or pan and sauté the onion for 2 minutes. Add in and stir the garlic, thyme leaves, chilli flakes, oregano, paprika, sea salt and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the diced tomatoes and wine and bring to a simmer. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the prawns, turning over once and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Top with the crumbled feta, garnish with any remaining thyme leaves and freshly ground pepper and cover with the pan lid. Turn off heat and allow to set for a few minutes before serving. Before serving, drizzle a tablespoon or two of extra virgin olive oil over the top.
5. Serve with fresh warm crusty bread, fried potato wedges or oven baked potatoes or steamed rice.