By Melpomeni Matthews
Delicious, slowly cooked to perfection and packed with lots of flavour, these Extra Virgin Olive Oil slow roasted tomatoes with whipped feta is a super easy starter dish for your Easter table or any special occasion. The star ingredient is the very best extra virgin olive oil you can get your hands on. A complex and well balanced fruity olive oil like the Ladi Biosas will work like magic!
Serve with warm crusty bread as your guests arrive, an impressive addition to any celebration table.
- 1 cup thick, naturally strained Greek yogurt
- 200g crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 3 punnets cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup high quality Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or organic dried rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Natural sea salt flakes
- Add yoghurt and feta to a food processor and pulse until smooth, pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pre-heat oven to 150C fan forced. Place the whole cherry tomatoes, garlic and fresh herbs in a roasting pan, sprinkle generously with salt and pour olive oil over the top.
- Cook for 1-1.5 hours or until the tomatoes are soft and wrinkled. Let the tomatoes cool down to room temperature and store in a sterile glass jar.
- Serve over lashing of whipped feta and warm crusty bread.
If you loved this full of flavour side dish/starter, why not try some more of our top favourites side dishes:
Happy cooking and eating!