Kara Mallia has been following her culinary dreams for the last decade, working as a private chef based in Tuscany, Italy. Her innate passion for food has found her working for some of the elite, including Benetti luxury yachts, sailing luxury charters around the Mediterranean sea and ports. Over the duration of several years Kara catered many events for The Embassy of Australia in Rome and evolved to being the full time private chef to the Ambassador and his family. Although she has worked in some of the most opulent settings, her down to earth nature is surprisingly refreshing. Her approach to food is filled with enthusiasm to keep things simple, seasonal and of quality. She continues sharing her love and passion for Italian food, traditions and eating rituals, and Kara’s mantra Buona Domenica! (Happy Sunday)".
Take your aperitivo to the next level and impress your guests with this decadent pre dinner treat. As there are only a few ingredients needed, it is really important that they are of optimal quality. I wouldn't really call this a recipe as such, rather a few simple yet integral steps to follow.
This is the epitome of luxurious Tuscan cuisine, and perfect for Autumn months. When truffle oil hits the warm crostini a sense of indulgence fills the air, and makes me so nostalgic about cozy Tuscan nights spent by the fireplace with a glass of vino rosso.
- 200 grams roughly of good quality Italian style sausage.
- Good quality truffle oil - I used Forest Garden Black Truffle Oil from grecianpurveyor.com
- A fresh rustic baguette, about 12 slices
- Drizzle of good quality olive oil - Any high quality EVOOs
- Sprigs of rosemary for presentation
- Remove innards from the sausage in a bowl and gently mash.
- Cut the bread into even pieces and place on an oven tray, lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Toast in the oven for about 8-10 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
- Spread the sausage mince on each crostini piece and cook in the oven for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Remove crostini from the oven and place on a plate, and drizzle liberally with truffle oil.
- Enjoy immediately with a glass or two of vino!