By Margaret Pahos
If you are vegan or vegetarian, you will absolutely love this recipe by our friend Margaret from Create Cook Share. It's the perfect summer dish to have by itself, but it's also ideal to serve as a side dish with fish or meat. See all details and step by step recipe below...
I am 100% sure you will absolutely love this incredible meal and luxurious way of devouring your vegetables. Once again all it takes is chopping up the vegetables, throwing them into a baking dish, seasoning, drizzling with high quality extra virgin olive oil and baking.
The vegetables come out soft, aromatic and juicy with just a little browning. The idea is for the vegetables to overcook rather than be crunchy which makes it is perfect to served with a big loaf of bread to drink up those juices and extra virgin olive oil. Don't forget to add crumbled feta, if you wish, and a side serving of authentic Kalamata olives.
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 zucchini, sliced in 2cm wheels
1 eggplant, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
1 large brown onion, diced or cut in thick slices
2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and sliced
6 garlic cloves, sliced
½ cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
½ cup water
Natural Sea salt and pepper
Handful of parsley, roughly chopped or Greek dried herbs of your choice
1. Line a deep baking tray with baking paper and pre heat the oven to 190C fan forced.
2. Prepare the vegetables as written above.
3. Add all vegetables to the baking tray and season generously.
4. Pour the water into the corners of the tray, then pour over the vegetables the extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle the parsley over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
5. Take off foil, toss the vegetables gently and further bake for 20-30 minutes until nicely coloured.
Serve traditionally with some real authentic Greek feta, crusty bread and Greek Kalamata olives. Enjoy!
If you loved this vegan recipe by Margaret, do visit her website for more gluten free, vegan and vegetarian inspired dishes: https://www.createcookshare.com