By Christina Panagopoulos from Pieces of Greece
Our lovely friend Christina Panagopoulos from Adelaide has shared with us the most scrumptious cheese bread rolls that will become a home favourite with anyone who tries making them - quick, easy and beyond delicious!
Christina is an Australian-Greek with an Instagram blog that showcases the many pieces that make up her parents’ homeland, Greece. Pieces of Greece brings you homemade recipes, travel photos, virtual clips, musings and all Greek things in between.
"These cheese breads are a savoury delight. Enjoy the saltiness of feta enveloped in a pillow-soft bread. They get bonus points for freezing beautifully and a speedy 10 minute prep-time." Christina
150g feta, crumbled
1 teaspoon Mountain Treasures Organic Greek Oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried mint
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1/2 cup light vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 1/4 cups self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 - 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg for egg wash
Sesame seeds and / or poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius fan forced.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using hands, crumble feta in a small bowl. Combine with oregano and mint.
- In a separate bowl, using a fork whisk together the yoghurt, oils, egg, salt and pepper.
- Add flour and baking powder then mix by hand until it forms a glossy dough.
- Gently fold through crumbled feta and parmesan cheese by hand, stopping when just combined. Be careful to not mash the feta.
- Roll into walnut sized balls or larger depending on preference.
- Space evenly on baking trays.
- Brush lightly with egg wash, twice.
- Sprinkle with sesame & poppy seeds.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden in colour.
If you loved Christina's recipe then you'd love the following recipes from our Recipes Journal too:OLIVE BREAD RECIPE - NO KNEAD ELIOPSOMO